High 20 Finest Free Plagiarism Checking Instruments In contrast (2021)
List of Best Plagiarism Checking Tools for 2021 (Free and Premium)
Looking for that best plagiarism checker?
Here is a list of the 20 best free plagiarism checkers that you can use to keep content plagiarism at bay.
Unlike problems like comma corrections or grammar rules, which can be easily resolved with the help of proofreading software and tools, plagiarism is a bit difficult to solve.
It is a serious concern of writers, students, and teachers, and therefore the need to check for plagiarism is high.
Plagiarism is the main problem teachers and academic professors face in college assignments. The same goes for writers, bloggers, and students who constantly need to avoid plagiarism while writing.
BEST DEAL: Check out our Grammar Discount Coupon Now!
In this article…
… I'll list our top 20 best free plagiarism checking tools online For teachers and students who will help you identify copied content, look for deliberate and unintentional plagiarism and easily fix it.
Let us begin!
What will you learn from this article?
- What is plagiarism and types of plagiarism?
- Why do you need to use plagiarism checkers now?
- Top 20 best free plagiarism checking tools and websites online
- Benefits of Using Plagiarism Checkers
- How you can effectively prevent plagiarism (FAQs)
In a hurry?
Check out our top 3 tips (handpicked by the experts!) Or scroll down to see the entire list with an in-depth review of each tool.
BEST PLAGIARISM CHECKERS 2020 (OUR TOP PICKS!)
What is plagiarism?
Plagiarism is essentially "imitating someone else's work" without giving him due credit.
Wikipedia defines plagiarism as the "unlawful appropriation" and "theft and publication" of the "language, thoughts, ideas or expressions" of another author and their representation as a separate original work.
Examples of plagiarism
There are a dozen examples of plagiarism, and some of them are as follows:
- copy someone else's work without properly quoting them,
- Paying an outside writer / mill to write the essay on your behalf
- Steal ideas and verbal conversations (overheard during discussions etc) and present them as your own,
- literal copying of data from websites, library books and other sources,
- Using someone else's pictures, music, videos, and even writing style in your own work without their express permission is a criminal example of plagiarism.
What are the different types of plagiarism?
Plagiarism can usually be divided into 5 types. They are as follows:
- Direct plagiarism: Copy someone's work literally (word for word) without giving credit.
- Self-plagiarism: Copying or producing a job that is influenced by your own previous work (also known as unintentional plagiarism).
- Mosaic or patchwork plagiarism: Quoting someone else's work without quotes or changing the language (the original work) while keeping the structure.
- Accidental plagiarism: Inadvertently forgetting to quote the original work, incorrect quotations, etc.
- Outsourcing: Pay Essay Mills, friends, hire article writers, and bloggers to write on your behalf.
We've tried to balance this list by adding free and paid plagiarism detection tools. Make sure you choose the one that matches your bills.
1 Grammar (best plagiarism checker ever!)
Grammar is by far the best plagiarism checking tool for teachers and students. Trusted by universities like Berkeley, Stanford University, and University of Michigan, Grammarly is an automated proofreader and plagiarism checker.
How does grammar process and recognize plagiarized content?
Grammar has a huge database of 16 billion websites and ProQuest databases and every document / script you work through is instantly scanned by Grammarly's plagiarism checker to find traces of similarity or copied content. If you're looking for the best plagiarism checker like Turnitin, grammar is your thing.
With Grammarly's expertise in scanning documents based on document type, the likelihood of unoriginal text is reduced to a minimum. This makes it the preferred website for teachers to even check for unintentional plagiarism. Some of the document types are:
- Academic documents (essays, research proposals, case studies, or book and literature research, to name a few)
- Business documents
- Medical documents
- Creative fonts (scripts, novels, etc.)
Not only that…
Grammar is also the crown of the world's largest grammar checking tool checks for over 400 types of grammar errors, contextual misspellings, redundancy, and incorrect sentence structure to name a few. Read my handy grammar review for more detailed information.
Grammar is available free of charge as a browser extension as well as an offline MS Word add-in and Outlook integration. Grammar Plagiarism Checker is undoubtedly the one best online plagiarism checker for students and teachers with percentage points.
Advantages of the grammatical plagiarism check
- Grammar is trusted by over 600 universities and millions of bloggers, writers and creatives.
- Detects the lowest likelihood of plagiarized content and displays the percentage report.
- Efficient grammar and punctuation checking (you can sure have different tools for this, but having everything in one place is a bonus).
- Free online plagiarism check with percentage.
- Proofreaders at their best along with a free PDF report of any errors (including plagiarism detected) that can be exported.
- The ability to scan documents based on document style and type makes them even more efficient than competitor plagiarism checkers.
- You will receive an email with your weekly performance report (how many words you wrote, improvement in writing style, etc.). This is a good boost if you want to improve your English on the side.
Disadvantages of grammar plagiarism checking
- I've been using grammar for a number of years and the grammar plagiarism checker has no downsides to be honest and it shows why it's the most used plagiarism checker by writers, bloggers and academic professionals. Try it now.
(Student? Check out our exclusive Grammar Student Discount Coupon to save even more.)
(Back to table)
2 ProWritingAid (with 25% discount)
ProWritingAid's online plagiarism checking tool is one of the best out there. It helps to search for copied content in manuscripts, novels, or literary works.
ProWritingAid is the best plagiarism checking website for writers / creative writers.
ProWritingAid is not only a trustworthy plagiarism software, but also your writing trainer. It detects grammatical errors, style issues, and over 20 different mistakes authors and editors are likely to make.
Check out my in-depth ProWritingAid review to see why it's one of the perfect Whitesmoke alternatives.
- ProWritingAid offers you one lifelong deal That makes it the best choice as you don't have to pay a recurring amount like other tools.
- Checks for plagiarism directly from MS Word via the add-in.
- Works well with Scrivener and is the best Google Docs plagiarism checker.
- It even detects 10% plagiarism in your manuscript efficiently.
- Personally, I prefer Grammar's UI over ProWritingAid. That being said, I think it's just as good as grammar and don't see any downside based on my yearlong experience with it.
Try ProWritingAid now ››
(Back to table)
3 Whitesmoke Plagiarism Checker (Best Plagiarism Checker For Teachers)
Whitesmoke is one of the best plagiarism checking software that is very robust and accurate. Whitesmoke's anti-plagiarism software is not only a grammar checker and proofreader, but it is also trusted by many.
Whitesmoke searches billions of online websites and resources for unoriginal or copied content in your document and displays it.
Whitesmoke online plagiarism checker is not as famous and efficient as Grammarly's, but it is an excellent alternative if you want to try it out. With browser, MS Word and Outlook integrations, your content analysis will be taken to the next level.
- Scans and compares your essay against billions of web pages to find similarities in your essay.
- It is supported across platforms and is also available online, making it easy to use.
- Best plagiarism checker for research.
- Doesn't have a database as large as grammar
- There aren't many downsides to whitesmoke so it's safe to choose.
Try WhiteSmoke now ››
(Back to table)
4th Duplichecker: Best Free Plagiarism Checker
Duplichecker is one of the best free plagiarism checkers for teachers and writers. Duplichecker doesn't cost a penny, so it's handy if you want to check your writing / school assignments or student contributions on the go.
If you are outsourcing a lot of online content (blog articles) from freelance writers, or preparing an academic essay, thesis, or other assignment, Duplichecker is a must in your content arsenal.
With Duplichecker, all you have to do is paste the text into the text field at the top of the page and click the "Check for plagiarism" button. You can also upload a Word document if you prefer.
- Duplichecker is a free online plagiarism detection tool that allows you to use it to your heart's content.
- It offers over 50 duplicate content scans daily, making it ideal for teachers to review in bulk for essays / papers.
- Duplichecker is very easy to use, so there is no learning curve.
- Each search is limited to 1000 words.
- You need to create a free account to do more than one search per day.
(Back to table)
5 PlagiarismCheck.org: Free Duplicate Content Check
PlagiarismCheck.org is a reliable plagiarism checking tool that focuses on helping teachers, students, and online content creators.
This is extremely useful when you want to check your own submission for plagiarism (unintentional plagiarism) before sending it to your college professor or content authority.
After you have uploaded your texts, PlagiarismCheck scans your content and assigns it to a regularly updated database. Then the unoriginal content is flagged and a plagiarized content report is made.
- It's an efficient anti-plagiarism checker or software to check for plagiarism that you missed while checking manually.
- Even if it's a paid tool, it offers a free trial of the plagiarism checker that you can use to see if it meets your expectations.
- You can upload multiple file formats like Word Doc, PDF, RTF, etc. directly into the tool.
- After the first free trial version, the paid version will be presented.
- PlagiarismCheck.org isn't cheap. At $ 0.30 per 275 words, it's even more expensive than grammar, which has a lot more to offer.
- It is clearly stated that PlagiarismCheck.org does not guarantee the score. Therefore, if you plan to file a lawsuit for duplicate or inauthentic content, it doesn't help.
Best plagiarism checking tools for teachers
(Back to table)
6th Quetext: Best Plagiarism Checker & Citation Assistant
Quetext was what started out as a basic duplicate content checker but has now hit some of the coolest features that make it into the top 10 of our list of best plagiarism checkers.
The free version is simple and intuitive as you paste your text on the website and match it with web pages and others for duplicate content in a database.
With QueText's DeepSearch function, you can have your content checked not only using common words, but also for context-related plagiarism. In the case of contextual plagiarism, your sentences in the essay will be checked as the context of the adjacent lines.
This makes it the best student plagiarism checker to make sure your essay is error free before you submit it. Read my in-depth Quetext review to find out more.
- Quetext is one of the best free plagiarism detection software for teachers, students, freelance writers, and any content creator.
- Quetext seems to have better search and match technology that uses context analysis to find duplicate sentences / phrases that other tools can easily ignore.
- Multiple file uploads (up to 5 files) for bulk checking.
- Best Free Online Plagiarism Checker With Report (PDF Exportable Reports)
- The free version does not include DeepSearch technology
- Unlimited reports can only be used with the paid version, which costs $ 9.99 per month.
Plagiarism cartoon illustration
(Back to table)
7th SmallSEOTools plagiarism check
SmallSEOTools is unique in its own way. It is a platform on which you can get several tools with very complex functions.
Although the plagiarism checker is a pretty simple type, people love it because it is completely free.
As soon as you have copied the text, pasted it into the specified field and clicked the "Check for plagiarism" button, the text will be checked in seconds. You can see the copied text in red.
If you are looking for a free plagiarism checker this is one of the best sites to check for plagiarism.
- SmallSEOTools is a simple and effective free online plagiarism checker for students.
- Offers a variety of other tools that can be helpful when checking for plagiarism on web content.
- The ability to upload documents from the cloud (Google Drive and Dropbox) makes it a winner in our list of the best plagiarism software.
- The free version isn't as effective as premium versions of Grammarly or Whitesmoke.
(Back to table)
Copyleaks is another free Copyscape alternative This serves both as a tool for detecting plagiarism and as a tool for protecting copyright.
Not only can you inadvertently find out in your own writing (or in the students' essay) with Copyleaks, you can also help fight content theft by showing you where else your content is being used online.
With Copyleaks for Education you can review up to 100 theses, essays and research papers at the same time. This saves schools a lot of time.
A major advantage of Copyleaks is that it offers a free one Plagiarism checker mobile app to help you on the go.
- Copyleaks recognizes plagiarized content in any language
- Has submitted large user internal database (for accurate results) that is used to match for similar content.
- Check the submitted text files against plagiarism.
- You have a business field that enables plagiarism detection for SEO agencies and publishers.
- With Copyleaks you can scan up to 2500 words per month for free.
- For more information, you need to sign up for the paid version.
(Back to table)
9 Viper Plagiarism Checker (ScanMyEssay)
The Viper plagiarism checker claims to be the free alternative to the Turnitin plagiarism checker. It also shows links to plagiarized online work so you can identify copycats and protect your intellectual work.
ScanMyEssay isn't one of the best plagiarism checkers you can find online (as with grammar) but it does the job if you're looking for a cheaper alternative.
- Inexpensive alternative to plagiarism checkers such as Turnitin and WriteCheck.
- Searches for unoriginal content from a variety of text files, books, magazines, etc.
- Viper is designed for educational purposes and not for bloggers or online publishers.
(Back to table)
CheckForPlagiarism was developed by professionals, computer scientists, and academics and offers a wide variety of features.
- Checks for similarity to Internet versions, books, journals, and magazines to reduce the amount of copying.
- Multilingual support for checking plagiarism in Spanish, German, French, Italian and English.
(Back to table)
11 WordPress Plagiarism Checker Plugin
If you're a blogger like me who outsources a lot of content, having a plagiarism checker plugin for WordPress comes in handy. Unoriginal content in your posts will be reviewed right before it is published.
Recommended: If you run a WordPress site, turn it on with Elegant Themes (read my review on Elegant Themes here or get discount coupons on Elegant Themes here.
- Sits in the dashboard and is very useful for bloggers.
- Hasn't been updated in the last 4 years (but that doesn't mean it's unsafe to use).
(Back to table)
With Plagium you can compare two documents side by side to identify similar content. It also helps you check your thesis for duplicate content posted not only on the internet but also on social media sites like Facebook.
This unique feature earned Plagium 12th place on our list of the best online plagiarism checkers.
This is a great way to tell if someone copied from social media websites or not.
- The institutional account is available to multiple users in an institution.
- You can check your text right on the webpage that you are taken to by clicking the link above.
- The paid version has a multiple file upload feature that allows you to compare the similarity of two fonts.
- You need to log in to get access to additional functions.
- The free version just allows you to do a quick search and you need a paid account to do a thorough search.
(Back to table)
13 Plagiarism Checker
This is another free online plagiarism checker tool that you can use to check queries right away. Just copy your text file and paste it into the text box.
- Helps you search for multiple phrases at the same time.
- You can also search for plagiarized content on a live website and email your results (currently in beta).
- Allows you to create Google notifications for specific expressions in your content. If someone plagiarizes or posts a duplicate piece of the content, you will be prompted to take action.
- The website for ad-supported plagiarism checkers irritates me.
- No file uploading features or support for multiple file formats.
(Back to table)
Detecting redundant content on your blog or website is just a matter of seconds with Copyscape.
You can just enter the url of the website you want to review or use the built-in siteliner and the Copyscape will show how much of your content is similar to the other websites or how much of your content has been copied.
Copyscape takes a new twist on copied content detection. It differs from our list of top plagiarism checkers in that Copyscape helps you identify who stole your content to post online, rather than finding piracy in your content.
- Simple user interface.
- It contains banners and badges that you can add to your website to help prevent content theft.
- It has a WordPress plugin that uses the Copyscape API to match and find copied content on your WordPress site.
- The WordPress integration is chargeable.
(Back to table)
15th DMCA scan
If you run a website or blog, you can understand how difficult it is to find content scrappers to steal your content and post it elsewhere. DMCA helps with this type of plagiarism.
With over 862,000 trusted websites, DMCA is one of the most renowned and skilled tools for copyright infringement. It helps you protect your intellectual content from piracy, thus protecting you from duplicate content for search engines.
If found guilty, you can file a DMCA content removal notice and the perpetrator's website / source will be removed in accordance with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. This support definitely makes it one of the best plagiarism checking tools if you want to keep your content safe online.
- Protects website, images, videos, graphics and text from theft.
- Since it is the most respected copyright infringement agency, the badges offered warn your visitors that you own the rights to the content and that it cannot be reproduced in any other way.
- Allows you to add watermarks to images to prevent hotlinking and image theft (you can watermark millions of images in seconds).
- The free version only allows 2 scans and requires that you opt for the paid scan.
(Back to table)
16 Dust ball
Dustball is a decent and free paraphrase checker that you can use on the go. There is a premium plan that Dustball considers 3x more accurate.
I haven't tried the premium models yet, but I think they're worth a mention.
17th WebConfs similar page checker
WebConf's tool is another similar page checker that is worth a mention. In contrast to other plagiarism software, Webconf checks and determines the percentage of similarity between two websites.
18th Pest tracker
Plagtracker is another top plagiarism checker that came up while searching for the best plagiarism checkers on Reddit.
Plagtracker uses 20 million academic works and websites as a database to check the plagiarism percentage of your content.
Plagiarism is a great alternative to Copyscape or Turnitin that allows you to detect plagiarism and support up to 190+ languages.
You can upload your paper using a computer, Google Drive, or as a website. Plagiarisma does not save your uploaded content, so you can rely on your privacy.
Unicheck is a good text similarity checker. It has 40 billion+ web pages and an education database to verify the originality of your content, and it displays everything in a beautiful color-coded format.
You can use bulk computing and isolated user accounts to get your work done quickly without worrying about security breaches.
The Unicheck plagiarism checker has API access, Google Docs add-on, G Suite add-on, and Office 365 add-ons to make it easy to access. Not to mention the personal check-in dashboard in a single browser tab.
Now, I hope you enjoyed our ultimate list of the 20 Best Free Online Plagiarism Checking Tools.
Now let's look at our recommendation for the best plagiarism detection tool
About You: What's the Best Online Plagiarism Checker in 2021?
Wondering what the best plagiarism checker is in 2021?
After doing quite a bit of research on the best plagiarism checker Reddit and other platforms, and after studying and using many of these plagiarism detection tools extensively, I have come to the conclusion that grammar is by far the best plagiarism checker you can get your hands on.
Not only is it the most preferred grammar checker tool, but it also acts as a plagiarism checker online with a percentage display.
Grammar has good reviews from teachers, students, writers, and professionals alike.
Trusted by over 600 renowned universities, grammar is trusted by millions of users regularly to improve their writing, create original content, and stand out in their studies / work.
Click here to see what else you can do with grammar.
Sign up for grammar (free)!
Or Save more with the premium version by taking advantage of Grammar discount coupon Here.
Click on picture to get discount ››
what is your favorite Best free online plagiarism checker tool? How do you check plagiarism for free?
Comment under your best plagiarism checker and say why you love it.
FAQs on plagiarism detection tools
1. Are free plagiarism checkers efficient enough?
No. Regardless of what the plagiarism software or website tells you at first glance, free plagiarism checking tools aren't half as efficient as paid ones. If you see, most free versions of plagiarism checkers have an upsell to a paid plan. Because of this, free plagiarism checkers are not efficient.
2. Are premium plagiarism checkers worth the money?
Yes. Premium plagiarism checkers offer a variety of tools and features like deepsearch checking for contextual plagiarism, uploading multiple files, a single institutional account for multiple usernames, analytics, etc.
3. What to do if you find duplicate content or your content is plagiarized?
As a teacher, when you scan students' posts and find duplicate content, you can take action against this academic dishonesty based on the level of the copied content. In serious cases, you can fire the student from school (or as indicated in your official handbook).
If you own a website and find someone to copy your website, you can file a DMCA deactivation notice. Alternatively, you can file a free and hassle-free Google Copyright Removal. It also gives you the freedom to file a lawsuit against copyright infringement.
4. Is plagiarism similar to copyright infringement?
No, plagiarism is not comparable to copyright infringement. The latter is more tied to legal process and is viewed as a criminal offense. However, plagiarism is considered dishonest and in certain cases it can lead to criminal acts.
5. Have I plagiarized?
To determine whether or not you have plagiarized, simply scan your document through one of the online plagiarism checking tools mentioned above and see the result. A plagiarism report of 10% or less is generally not considered a criminal offense in academic plagiarism. If it exceeds more than that, you need to review your document to see if you copied any content or forgot to cite it correctly.
6. Can I copy text from Wikipedia?
Yes, as long as you specify the source exactly where it is due, you can use Wikipedia text when writing. The content of Wikipedia is licensed under Copyleft (CC-BY-SA & GNU Free Documentation License or GFDL). This means you can reuse and modify it as long as you specify the source.
However, if you own a website, reusing Wikipedia content cannot help you rate your website as Google loves fresh and new content.
7. How do teachers check plagiarism?
Most teachers use plagiarism checkers like Grammar, Turnitin (or WriteCheck) to efficiently check for plagiarism, generate a report on the percentage of content plagiarized, and take action. Above is a list of all of them Top 20 Best Plagiarism Checking Tools That Teachers Use Some of them are also the preferred plagiarism checker for UIUC-like institutions.
8. How do I write plagiarism-free content?
In order to write plagiarism-free, original content, you need to research and write your own summary. In situations where you need to use someone else's ideas, writings, or sayings, you need to cite or quote them correctly to avoid plagiarism.
Here is the ultimate guide to avoiding plagiarism and writing original content that scores full marks.
9. What are the different plagiarism laws and legal rules?
There are many laws and regulations in place to prevent copyright infringement and to check for plagiarism. Here you will find an extensive list of plagiarism laws and related legal examples.
10. Can you use Turnitin for free?
Unfortunately, not. Turnitin only offers paid subscriptions to academic institutions and is not available for general use. Sie können Grammatik jedoch kostenlos testen, um Plagiate effizient zu erkennen.
Auf den Grund geschafft? Herzliche Glückwünsche!!
Jetzt, ein Lesezeichen auf diese Seite setzen Damit Sie immer auf dem Laufenden bleiben, wenn ein Tool zur Plagiatsprüfung seine Bewertungen senkt oder ein neues Tool zu unserer Liste der besten kostenlosen Online-Plagiatsprüfer hinzugefügt wird.
Bitte teilen Sie es auf Ihren bevorzugten Social-Media-Plattformen (Facebook, Twitter usw.).
Schauen Sie sich unsere Top-Auswahl an ››
Eine kleine Anfrage …
Wenn Ihnen dieser Artikel gefallen hat, können Sie ihn auf Ihrer bevorzugten Social-Media-Plattform veröffentlichen. Es wird meinen Tag machen!