Search engine marketing Traits 2021: What Each Marketer Ought to Know
30 second summary:
- SEO is an important support strategy for corporate digital marketing.
- The impact of AI and machine learning (ML) is undeniable for the future of SEO.
- The user experience plays a prominent role for most search engines.
- Local search engine optimization is important so that companies get hits from local audiences.
- The aspect "expertise, authority and trustworthiness" is defined by Google as a ranking factor.
- With structured data, you can provide users with comprehensive results on SERPs.
- There are more data-driven trends to discover. Read on to find out what these are!
Digital marketing has emerged as the most powerful form of marketing in today's world. With more than 4.66 billion internet users according to Statista.com's 2020 report, there is undoubtedly immense potential for companies to capitalize on online marketing. SEO is thus becoming a means to take advantage of this opportunity as most of the world's internet traffic is generated through search engines. More importantly, Google is currently the world leader in search engines, followed by Bing, Yahoo and Baidu. With this information in mind, let's take a quick look at the 2021 SEO trends you need to know.
According to a recent report from Safari Digital, the number one results on Google's SERP (Search Engine Results Page) have a click-through rate of 34.36%. Additionally, 61% of marketers consider SEO the key to online success.
Additionally, 82% of people who have implemented SEO-based strategies found them effective, while companies devote an average of 41% of their marketing strategy budget to investing in SEO.
Top 11 SEO Trends 2021
1. AI to be more effective
BERT (Bidirectional Encoder Representations Transformers) has been around for a number of years and it seems that we are only recently realizing this technology and its effectiveness for the future. Developed and published by Google in 2018, it is a neural network-based technique for NLP pre-training (Natural Language Processing). In simpler terms, it can help Google decipher the context of words in a search query.
In addition, 37% of companies and organizations are already using AI, according to the latest report from Data Prot. With the AI industry expected to earn around $ 118 billion by 2025, there is no doubt that the technology will have a lasting impact on search engine optimization.
With your company's AI support, you can not only create more powerful content, but also improve your keyword research, maximize link building opportunities and optimize all digital platforms.
There are tremendous tools out there like Keyword Tool and Twin Word that use AI to speed up your keyword research.
Additionally, Wordsmith, Articoolo, and WordAI are some of the best tools to help you create content using artificial intelligence.
2. Build and improve UX
The user experience is the highlight of a purchased product or a rented service. According to a recent study by Small Biz Genius, 88% of online shoppers don't return after a bad user experience. In fact, 70% of online businesses fail because of poor user experiences, which is why UX testing is vital. This also means that providing an attractive and efficient user interface is also important. Some important properties to get the best user experience are:
- Incredibly fast loading times
- Encourage users to explore seamlessly
- Providing an easy to navigate user interface
- Appropriate use of spaces, fonts, and good quality images
- Visual aid to guide users and their experiences (a short video for step-by-step instructions)
- User-friendly urls and sitemap
- Optimize website design so that users can find specific features
- Great user dashboards for registered members and much more
3. Get more out of local SEO
When it comes to digital marketing, local SEO has become really important, and local results are some of the most relevant to users looking for solutions to purchase. This has enabled companies to take advantage of and benefit from local SEO. According to Chat Meter ®, searches "near me" and "tonight / today" have increased by 900% over the past two years.
In fact, mobile search for "open + now + near me" has grown by 200%. To top it off, around 46% of all search queries on Google are local.
Here are some tips to help you master your local SEO:
- Create a Google My Business account
- Optimize for mobile devices and voice search (more on that later)
- Redeeming local keywords
- Use online business directories
- Develop content based on local events, news, and location-specific locations
4. Implement the E.A.T concept
For SEO, EAT stands for expertise, authority and trustworthiness. These factors are also mentioned in Google's Search Quality Assessment Guidelines.
Google mentions that they use third-party search quality ratings, which are distributed around the world and are highly skilled, to provide feedback so they can understand which changes make the search more useful. EAT can be found in subsection 3.2 of the general guidelines under section 3.0 entitled "Overall Page Quality Rating". Here are some tips on how to use this concept:
- Create documents with a professional approach related to your industry, market, trade, or niche
- Get links from high authority domains
- Hire experts and deliver content with relevant facts and validate for accuracy
- Keep the content up to date
- Receive reviews
- Flash your credentials
- Get a Wikipedia page
- Demonstrate Google work that demonstrates your expertise
5. Learn more about structured data
Structural data is becoming more and more important and enables search engines to better understand your content. Google offers you a structured data testing tool that will help you familiarize yourself with the concept and apply structured data to your website and landing pages.
This helps in delivering rich results from your website or landing pages displayed on SERPs.
A rich result will undoubtedly be brought more into the limelight and thus more noticed by users, which means that their click-through rates will also increase enormously.
When the results of your domains are made available on the user's screen, it has a profound effect on them and helps you build authority in the eyes of your niche market's audience.
6. Commitment: mobile friendliness
According to mobile marketing statistics published by Web FX, 52.2% of all website traffic is generated on mobile phones, while 61% of consumers are most likely to shop on mobile websites.
In addition, it has been found that over 96% of people use Google when searching on mobile devices.
I think statistics say a lot more for themselves and with over 3.5 billion smartphone users around the world it is obvious that you need to make your website easy to use for mobile devices. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Prioritize the speed of the website
- Make the website responsive
- Keep web designs simple
- Use Google's mobile-friendly testing tool for more recommendations
7. Play with long-tail keywords
Neil Patel gives you some compelling reasons to use long-tail keywords and mentions that they make up over 70% of all web searches.
They can help you outperform the competition, and they are the way people actually use internet search. Long-tail keywords provide context about your content and also support better conversion rates with an average long-tail keyword with a conversion rate of 36%. Let's look at an example from SEMRush.
Here are some tips for finding long-tail keywords:
- Use Google suggestions and variants as the source of long-tail keywords
- Google-related searches are also a good source
- Address questions and tweak your content specifically for how-to questions
- You can also get your analytics and search query reports for more insights
- Search for topics on eHow, Wikipedia, and various Q&A websites
8. The search intent is paramount
According to a study conducted by Ahrefs, optimizing search content in just six months resulted in a 677% increase in organic traffic for one of their core landing pages. Search intent is what causes a person to request. It was related to the thing they want to learn, find, or buy.
While Google intends to provide the most relevant result for user queries, we already know that BERT and technologies like NLP are already growing and improving over time. Students who choose to use the assignment writing service already understand this and are using it to its fullest extent to make their own online inquiries. The future of search is therefore heavily influenced by user intent or search intent.
9. Excellent content quality
Content has always been king, whether in written form, animated or in video-audio format. Interactive content and the use of infographics are incredible traffic magnets. According to a post by OptinMonster, 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing to reach customers, while 86% of B2C marketers see content marketing as their key strategy.
Content marketing focuses on creating and distributing consistent, relevant, and valuable content to audiences. Here are some tips that you should follow:
- Stay original and refrain from plagiarism
- Provide solutions to the most important points
- Make content readable and digestible for users
- Add visual aids to support the context of your content
- Provide actionable tips for resolving user queries
- Keep your headlines strong and your facts correct from credible sources
- Never be afraid to update your already published content to keep it current
10. Video Marketing Strategy
Videos are probably the most popular media consumed by online users today. According to WordStream's video marketing stats, YouTube has over a billion users and 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter. With 30 million active users per day, more than 1 billion videos are viewed on YouTube every day. That's how big the video market is.
To get started with your own video marketing strategy, here are some pieces of advice:
- Create tutorial or demo videos that focus on the user's intent
- Optimize videos with SEO content
- Include powerful CTAs
- For the most part, stay informative and sell little
- Starting the video is the most important thing
- Finish on a high note
11. Optimization of the voice search
DBS Interactive shares their voice search stats in which they report that 27% of the online population use voice search on mobile devices.
Around 111.8 million people in the United States, more than a third of the total population of the country, used the language assistance each month. In addition, more than half of all smartphone users already use voice search technology.
Hoping on the train would be the right decision, and here is how you can start:
- Voice search keywords are longer and more talkative
- These are usually questions – For example, "What are SEO trends for the year ahead?"
- Local entries and searches have priority
- Optimize for comprehensive answers and use structured data guidelines
- Add FAQs for your product pages and blogs
- Use conversational language for content
Every business in the world with an online presence is pursuing better and improved SEO tactics to get more traffic and generate more sales.
I hope the tips and guidelines above will help you get things sorted for your SEO department before diving into the next year.
If you'd like to make your own request on the topic, feel free to mention your request in the comments section below. All the best for your future endeavors and cheers!
Amanda Jerelyn currently works as Marketing Manager at Dissertation Assistance, a perfect place for students to acquire academic writing services from experienced dissertation writers in the UK. In her free time, she enjoys practicing mindful yoga to keep herself fit and healthy.