Seven Sensible Methods to Enhance Your Ecommerce Content material Advertising Technique
30 second summary:
- A marketing strategy that focuses on a unique target market is called a niche hub strategy. Build a niche website and document its progress.
- Use content formats that are engaging and easy to create, such as: B. blog posts, videos, lists, webinars, etc.
- People are more concerned with a site that loads quickly. So improve the speed of your website by using inexpensive options like cloud storage and AMP.
- User generated content makes your brand more personal. Engage with your audience by embedding their comments in your article, running contests, giveaways, or using a hashtag.
- The country of origin influences consumer behavior. Consider a country specific blog content strategy to get traffic from specific countries.
- Use the pyramid strategy for reverse content. Create part of the "column content" and use it for other content. Finally, distribute them on relevant social media platforms.
- Invest in dynamic Facebook ads and use Instagram's IGTV feature to connect with your audience and convert them into consumers.
One of the best ways for ecommerce companies to improve their business presence is through content marketing. Around 92% of companies consider content to be their business asset. No wonder that content marketing can offer up to three times more ROI compared to paid search. However, the majority of e-commerce companies fail because of content marketing. Here are the top seven ways to update your ecommerce content marketing strategy:
1. Use the most popular content formats
The easiest way to determine the success of ecommerce content marketing is to measure user interaction.
Everyone thinks differently. Therefore, you should create different content formats to suit different user needs.
The following content formats have proven to be most successful in improving user interaction:
- Blog posts: Companies that blog regularly generate 67% more leads. Create relevant, engaging, and comprehensive blog posts by targeting long-tail keywords that match the user's intent exactly.
- Videos: 82% of all internet traffic will be video by 2022. Hence, text-based blogging is slowly being replaced by text + video blogging. Create videos for each blog post and prepare transcripts for each video.
- Research article: Contents related to original research that provide the audience with new and actionable insights are most closely related. Do research by taking surveys or running tests and share the results with your audience.
- Images and infographics: People rarely share blog content without pictures. The scope of engagement is also limited. Hence, you should always create high quality and customized images for your blog. Content with images receives 97% more views. Likewise, infographics are a great choice for content because they cover important topics in an easy-to-understand way. People share them on social media, which leads to high engagement.
- Webinars: The average webinar registration number is 260. You can host webinars by inviting popular influencers into your niche to increase registration flow. Webinars are educational and help convert viewers into customers.
- Lists: People love lists. Create lists like the top 10 or best ways and share them on social media. Lists are psychologically seductive because they break up the information into several points.
To get an idea of the best content format for your website, you can use Google Analytics. Here is a guide on how to add GA to your WordPress blog. Once installed, you can track the traffic, bounce rate, and time on the top pages of your website. The information provided by Google Analytics can be used to identify and optimize the content of your website.
2. Adopt the niche hub blog strategy
The niche hub strategy is focused on making your ecommerce blog a resource on a niche topic.
The first step is to add a blog to your online store. WordPress is the best platform to start your blog as it has different plugins to manage all of your tasks.
The next step is choosing a web host to store all of your blogging files. It is important to choose a web host that offers high availability. Providers like GoDaddy are known to be extremely reliable with over 99% availability.
For example, if you sell mugs online, your blog can become a resource that includes articles, videos, white papers, and podcasts about mugs.
For example, HubSpot is a niche for everything related to marketing, sales, support, and website. You create content that is relevant to HubSpot's audiences.
Using this strategy, you can track millions of hits on your site. You can create a niche blog and drive traffic to get more customers.
3. Improve site speed for better UX
The speed of the website is a crucial ranking factor. If you're looking for a hack to boost your content's organic ranking, then take steps to improve your website's speed.
Google Page Experience will launch in May 2021. The update focuses on improving UX and website speed is an important factor in Page Experience.
The best way to improve the speed of the site is to use a CDN. However, it becomes difficult for small business owners to host content on a CDN because it is expensive.
Unless you have a lot of website traffic, your CDN cost is not justified.
In such a case, emulating how a CDN works with cloud storage can be an inexpensive option.
All you have to do is choose a cloud storage provider like Sync, Google Drive or P Drive and make all your files available for direct public access (with robots.txt blocking the confidential files).
Another great way to increase page speed is to make AMP versions of your content. AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages. Here's a great guide to creating your first AMP page.
4. Involve your target group in the creation of UGC (User Generated Content).
UGC (User Generated Content) is one of the best ways to generate buzz for your ecommerce brand.
85% of people are influenced by User Generated Content (UGC) compared to branded content.
You can start a photo or video contest on social media and ask the audience to share their best picture with your product.
You can get audiences to engage with your brand through branded hashtags. The extra visibility helps you attract more audience.
For example, the Sudbury Wolves ice hockey team held a competition on Instagram to convince people to share a caption for a photo in order to win two tickets to the Ontario Hockey League's opening game. It's a great way to increase brand visibility and consumer engagement.
Similarly, Adobe ran a campaign called ArtMaker Series inviting designers and artists to share their artwork created using one of Adobe's products. They used the UG content for product advertising and expert comments.
You can use UG content to update your ecommerce content strategy. You just have to think of some innovative ideas and apply them to your main strategy.
5. Create country-specific blog content
B2C cross-border e-commerce is projected to reach $ 4,820 billion by 2026.
If you are an international seller, consider a country-specific blog content strategy.
The country of origin influences consumer behavior. Here are a few ways this can be done:
- Share content that is locally relevant to your audience.
- Create articles by local authors.
- Promotion of local products from local manufacturers.
- Target local events and use local influencers to market your content.
For example, Shopify creates country-specific blog content to target customers. Here is an example of a piece of content written for consumers during the IPL season in India, which is considered a big event. The content was aimed at sellers and helped them gain insights on how to increase their sales on their Shopify store during the IPL season.
6. Use the reverse content pyramid strategy
The reverse content pyramid strategy is suggested by Gary Vaynerchuk. This strategy is useful for using content across different channels.
You create a pillar content and distribute it on multiple channels by revising it according to the theme of the platform. For example, you can create video content and convert it to other content formats such as an article or podcast.
Also, you should create a lot of “micro content” to drive traffic to your columnar piece of content. These micro content pieces should be shared on social media platforms like Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other channels where your target audiences are present.
For example, if you are a pet dealer, you could create a long columnar piece of content that refers to "small breeds of dogs". After that, you can create multiple micro content pieces for each dog breed mentioned in your column article. Micro content can be in the form of memes, quotes, or stories. All of these micro content pieces should be linked to your column content.
Now you should be sharing all of these micro content pieces on your social channels. Get community insights and create community-driven micro-content that your audience would love to see. Redistribute the second round of micro-content. The inverted content pyramid model is a great way to increase the popularity of your columnar content. This would help rank several related searches to reach customers during their buyer journey.
7. Increase social engagement and reach
E-commerce companies presented on social media platforms generate an average of 32% more sales than companies without one.
The key to social media is visual content like infographics, images, and videos. For ecommerce businesses, social media is not just a destination for content posting, it is also a powerful means of converting followers into consumers.
According to Sprout Social, 89% of marketers use Facebook for their branding marketing efforts. And more than 80% of people say Instagram helps them discover, research, and buy new products and services.
Use the following latest Facebook and Instagram marketing strategies to increase engagement and reach.
- Invest in dynamic Facebook ads: With dynamic ads, retailers can rekindle interest in consumers who have visited your website, reviewed items, or added items to their shopping cart. It uses the information provided by the tracking pixel to show these visitors the exact items they checked in order to move them back in and get a conversion.
- Use the sell options on the Facebook Business page: Create a Shop button on your Facebook business page to list multiple products that consumers can use to purchase goods directly from Facebook.
- Start using shoppable posts on Instagram: With shoppable Instagram posts, you can present your storefront on the social network. You can tag the products shown in your pictures.
- Use the IGTV function: IGTV allows you to share videos that are up to an hour long. It also notifies your followers when you share a new video. IGTV allows viewers to tap on items they see in videos and complete their purchase using Instagram's Direct Checkout feature or the seller's website.
Ecommerce businesses should use content marketing to their advantage as it is one of the most ROI friendly channels for attracting relevant customers. Follow the strategies outlined in this article to improve your content strategy and increase your brand awareness, traffic, and ultimately, profits.
Joydeep Bhattacharya is a digital marketing evangelist and the author of the SEO Sandwitch blog.